If we look at the survey report published by Stack Overflow in detail, we found the following data regarding JS:
- When we talk about most popular programming, scripting, and markup languages, JS is the first choice of 67.8% of all respondents and 69.7% of professional developers.
- jQuery (a popular library of JS) is still at the top of all popular web frameworks and libraries list.
It is also a point to notice that as per the given survey numbers, Python is the most rapidly growing language today. Its growth can be associated with the growing demand in the field of data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Some people might think that it has something to do with java but there is nothing like that. It has nothing to do with java. Though its logical basics are same as that of C++. There are 2 ways in which this can be used. First one was developed at Netscape by the name of ECMAScript and the other one is Rhino Engine which is JS that is written in the java language.
Let’s know more about JS and its importance from the perspective of modern UI developers and web designers.
It is important for modern UI development because no one like a static website now-a-days. Competition is too high. It is the king of web development world as it is the only advanced web development language that runs on the browser.
Yes, of course, undoubtedly JS is worth learning in today’s era. Since, there is not a single website which runs without it. The big brands such as Facebook, Google, etc. are still using this language. Moreover, it is not that difficult language so you can easily go for it.
While working with JS, most of the developers find 3 interesting things associated to it. These are:
- It is fully integrated with HTML & CSS.
- It makes big tasks simple and easy.
- Most of the major browsers are supporting it.
You are not supposed to create only websites and web application using JS. It lets you go beyond that. You can also build different sorts of project using this language such as mobile applications, server applications, games, even presentations.
Let’s take a look at some of other reasons.
1. A corner stone in WordPress Development
So, it becomes decidedly needed to learn this language if you are planning to get into WordPress development in the future.
2. Work with many different frameworks and libraries
Frameworks and libraries simplify the development process and let you perform your tasks in less time with fewer efforts. For instance, they help you by providing some useful predefined classes and functions.
With these libraries and frameworks, developers can build large-scale JS based webpages and application promptly.
3. Create responsive as well as accessible website
Having a responsive website has become a need of an hour. Also, there is the need to make website that can be accessed by all, even if someone as some or the other kind of disability. This is why JS is too much in use. Now, one can surf through various browsers be it on mobile or desktop or even tablet. Also, the code is same only the thing is that its CSS changes.
Also, if your website is both responsive as well as accessible then no one can beat the ranking of this site on any search engine.
4. Work with a “safe” programming language
- It modifies the existing content on HTML page.
- Js interacts with the user actions, runs on pointer movements, mouse clicks or key presses.
- It shows messages to the visitors of the web page, it asks questions and set cookies.
- This can also recall the data on the local storage that is client-side
5. Transpile different languages to JS
Modern tools also known as transpilars follow the process of transpilation in which they change the source code into another programming language. This let the developers to easily code in different language.
Following are some of the common languages which can transpiled to JS:
- TypeScript: It is a popular one developed by Microsoft that is capable of developing large applications by adding the strict data typing.
- Dart: It is a standalone language developed by Google which run in mobile apps (non-browser environments).
- CoffeeScript: It is basically used by Ruby developers as it reduces the time spending on the codding by allowing us to go for a precise code. Simply put, it lets developers write shorter syntax.
- Flow: Last in the queue is Flow developed by Facebook.
So, these are some languages that are capable of transpiling to JS. There are many more available which can be used for certain features. Once you become a master in JS, and set your goal to full stack development, you are always recommended to look for these languages.
6. Write your JS code without any specific tool
JS allows you to write your code in any standard typing tool like Notepad. Just create your JS file using right format and start adding code into it. Although it is always advisable to install advanced text editors like Sublime, Visual Studio Code, Vim, Light Table, etc. as working in these programs let developers write less code in a smart way.
A quick summary:
- In the current scenario, JS has got the top position for its unique cross browser compatibility integration in HTML/CSS.
- Having JS knowledge can help you a lot in WordPress theme customization and development.
Becoming its master is not that much tough that you think. It requires the dedicated training that what ADMEC provides you.