As our industry’s technologies and methodologies advances, websites and web applications have become increasingly more complex. What used to be a static medium has progressed into a very rich and interactive experience. Every business nowadays needs a website that is dynamic as well as engaging at the same time. This helps them to attract the customers in such a way that they feel connected as well as there are more chances of them buying or purchase the products or services that are offered to them.
Many people get confused between UI as well UX. But both of these are entirely different. Though UI and UX are dependent on each other but have their own roles to play. UI designers just focuses on the designing part whereas UX developers focuses on design as well as how can that design be used as interactively.
What is User Experience?
User experience (UX) is about how a person feels when interfacing with a system. The system can be a website, a web application or desktop software.
- User experience is how a person feels when interacting with a digital product.
- UX encompasses a lot of factors that are controllable by designers and developers. These factors include usability, accessibility, performance, design/aesthetics, utility and overall human interaction.
- It is the experience and connection which a user feels when using a site or product.
- Usability is a key component of overall user experience.
Why is it Important?
In terms of design, user experience is just as important as visual identity. It doesn’t matter how your website or application looks like if people don’t know how to interact with it.
- It is important for certain types of digital products. For example: complex sites or applications, retail sites, small-budget projects and projects that are expected to last a long time.
- UX is important for complex sites because users must be able to navigate easily though the site and should understand how to use it effectively.
- Neglecting UX can result in a complicated site that users will not come back to. Developing a rich interaction based experience will result users return to a site.
- One of the most complex types of sites includes retail or online sales. This kind of sites needs to be well-organized to have clear and easy navigation to use how to make a secure purchase process. This is also true in case of websites that are around for long duration, like retail sites. For example Amazon has worked on same UX principle for years.
UX Design Key Components
Here are five major components –
- IA i.e., Information Architecture i.e, all about providing a satisfactory structure with proper navigation in the application or website which should not depend upon the browser. The main task in this is to hit and try different ideas to achieve the goal and offer the best.
- Interaction Design is all about creating a design that is conceptual and users would also like to try their hands on that. This means adding proper colors, fonts, icons, audios, videos, graphics, images, etc.
- Usability is about the friendliness of the website or application with the user. It should navigate the user or give them a tour of the website explaining new users about everything.
- Wireframing plays a vital role if you want to achieve the perfect look as well as features in your app. It is done before the final launch of the product of the software. It is basically testing the functionality of the app or website in the cheapest way.
- Visual Design, yes, you see and you know it!!! The design should be such that as soon as one sees the site they come to know what is it all about. It is all about using the elements in a written way such that they look elegant, classy, attractive, and appropriate at at the same time.
Five Benefits to Adding UX to Design
- Increased productivity,
- Increased sales,
- Reduced training and support costs,
- Reduced development time and costs,
- Reduced maintenance costs and increased customer satisfaction.
Some Good Examples of UI
5. Bakken & Baeck
User experience is not something you learn once. It is ever changing and involves a lot of trial and error with every new viewer you encounter. However, it is significant to understand that user experience is a part of everything a company does. Every action taken should have the user experience in mind and it all starts with the design.
Web designers and developers can offer user experience expertise and think in their design strategy is worth more to companies and are in higher demand. To learn about the same join the best web design and development institute in Delhi such as ADMEC Multimedia Institue and grasp the knowledge from industry expert professionals.
Presentation on SlideShare: