Most Useful HTML5 and CSS3 Frameworks
In this blog, we have listed some of the most popular HTML5 and CSS3 frameworks which every individual should know.
1. Twitter Bootstrap
It is developed by Twitter. Bootstrap gives developers access to tools that can help build a modern and feature-rich web pages without having to build components and grid styles.
- It is a common name for every front-end developer. Out of the top 100,000 websites, more than 20%+ rely on Bootstrap as their foundation.
- Getting started with Bootstrap is very simple, which is why many developers and designers have opted to use Bootstrap as their default HTML5 development framework.
It is managed by ZURB which has ensured continuous development and research in the field of responsive web design and how websites should be built for better design qualities and features. Foundation has become one of the most modern and reliable web development frameworks.
Foundation stands out with its ability.
- to deliver high-quality performance for modern devices, and custom application requirements.
- to build around a range of web development frameworks that can be used to build websites, email templates, as well as a separate framework for building complicated, dynamic and responsive apps which is possible because of an integration with Angular’s base.
3. UI Kit
It is a free, lightweight and modular front-end framework. Developed with LESS, UIkit has a well-structured, expandable and maintainable code.
- It also offers a grid system which is responsive, fluid and nestable.
- One can build navigation, buttons, modals, dropdown and much more.
- Its documentation will plays a major role in understanding UIkit.
4. HTML5 Boilerplate
HTML5 Boilerplate provides HTML5 ready template that has been optimized to meet the most standard of HTML new features. By using this template, one can create a fast, robust and responsive website which can adapt to any kind of browser, even the old ones like Internet Explorer.
- It helps in assembling quick and versatile web applications and sites.
- It conveys superb site execution and freely keep up server arrangement.
5. Montage Studio
Montage is a full stack HTML5 structure intended to make single-page applications.
- time-tried outline examples and programming standards, to effortlessly make a measured structural planning for your ventures.
- help convey a brilliant client experience.
- With the use of patterns and principles from the design and software industries, it allows a module-based approach that provides a seamless user experience for application users.
Skeleton is a lightweight CSS framework which uses a 12-column grid system. Skeleton provides some fundamentals components like button, lists, table, forms which aimed to kick-start your development process.
- It has been built as a starter framework rather than a framework that can be used to build a fully functional website using complex UI components.
- It is based on a simple grid-based approach for building pages having a great look and feel.
It is an open source CSS framework which is built using the powerful Bootstrap 3.
- It is designed to create a stunning flat web design with faster, easier and less repetitive way.
- Its UI Kit comes with beautiful PSD user interface pack that can be used for any website, iOS or Android application.
It is a lightweight, flexible and responsive front-end framework created by Gary Hepting.
- It is built on top of Sass and Compass.
- It offers a great grid system which is fluid and nestable.
- With its unique grid system, one can build any layout which can fit on any screen size.
CreateJS is a suite of modular libraries and tools that enable rich interactive content on open web technologies via HTML5.
It has components like
- HTML5 sound,
- Object administration and much more.
The CreateJS Suite is a combination of: EaselJS, SoundJS, TweenJS, PreloadJS, and Zoe.
It offers little CSS modules for making the system mainly for mobiles. It has responsive formats for frameworks, tables or menus.
- It expands on Normalize.css and is ideal for any screen size.
- Building a web app that works both on desktop and mobile, then Pure from Yahoo should be considered.
- Pure has much better performance when it comes to mobile devices than Bootstrap. Pure comes as a pure CSS framework only. Build on top of Normalize.css.
Currently the rise of responsive web design techniques, which facilitate the development of websites that can adapt to various resolutions for different mobile and desktop devices, is leading to the emergence of responsive frameworks. Using any of the above responsive frameworks will be beneficial as per your needs. Frameworks will definitely save a lot of time!
What are the frameworks which you will suggest? We would love to hear your input on this question and would be more than happy to expand this list of resources to better help developers.