India is the world’s major source destination for the information technology (IT) industry, accounting for approximately 67 per cent of the US$ 124-130 billion market. The industry employs about 10 million personnel. The IT industry has created noteworthy demand in the Indian education sector, particularly in engineering and computer science departments.
Market Size of Indian IT Sector
- As per IBEF Report, The Indian IT sector is expected to grow at a rate of 12-14 per cent for FY2016-17. The sector is also expected triple its current annual revenue to reach US$ 350 billion by FY 2025#.
- India’s internet economy is expected to touch Rs 10 trillion (US$ 146.72 billion) by 2018
- India’s business to business (B2B) e-commerce market is expected to grow US$ 700 billion by 2020 and business to consumer (B2C) e-commerce market is expected to reach US$ 102 billion by 2020.
The technology sector is booming, as a result, coding skills are in high demand, with programming jobs. We have compiled below a list most important languages programming languages for upcoming years. An understanding of some of them will make an impressive addition to any resume.
- open source programming language that has been around since the 1990’s
- maintained by Oracle Corporation
- used for software development application for smart phones and smart TV’s
- games likes Angry Birds, Temple Run and Candy Crush Saga developed in Java.
2. C Language
- c language developed in the 1970’s by Dennis Ritchie
- Java, C++ and Python languages are influenced by C
- backbone for many operating systems such as Windows, OSX, and Linux
3. C++ Language
- object-oriented programming language
- used to develop applications for Windows and Linux, video games and mobile apps
- video games such as Call of Duty, Halo, and Fifa are written in C++, computer animation studios such as Pixar, Disney and DreamWorks use C++ in some capacity in their animation software.
- Client side scripting language for frontend web design
- Make web pages interactive
- Written using C Language
- Open source Server side scripting language used to develop Web Applications.
- Used by Yahoo, WordPress and many more.
- Server side interpreted, non-compiled, scripting language.
- Microsoft product, runs only on Windows server.
- Develop websites, web forms, web applications with a Model View Controller design.
7. Objective C
- Object oriented programming language based on C used by Apple Developers
- Used for developing applications for OS X and mobile applications for iOS
- Server side, open source scripting language.
- used to develop graphic user interfaces, websites, provide database access etc.
- Instagram, YouTube, and Reddit are all developed in Python.
Role of Software Development Courses
When you plan to start a career in the path of programming, it’s important you choose wisely the languages you want to learn that will both benefit you in the immediate future with visible results on your platform of choice, as well as getting you set up for any future languages. The best way to learn these languages by joining a software development Institute which can provide courses in various languages. These courses can help individuals in different ways:
- cover concepts from basics to advance level
- gain the career enhancing knowledge and skills to develop applications
- get experience on real time projects
- gain confidence and prepare students to work in practical world
- doing diploma/certificate courses will show prospective employers that students are capable of handling challenging tasks
Selecting a programming language is not an easy task, so decide your choice keeping in mind with a number of factors like ease of learning, their uses, future career prospects and likelihood of earning you a living. If you’re interested in becoming a developer, it’s important to be well-versed in a number of simple and basic programming languages so you can be versatile and adaptable – and then continue to learn other programming languages throughout your career.