Have you ever looked at your favorite website and wondered how it has been designed? Have you looked at the way it was laid out, the way the buttons triggered when you clicked them, or any other part and thought, “I wish I could do that”?This is part of front-end development. The way a website looks is web design, whereas front-end development is how that design actually gets implemented on the web. Web designing courses in India run across the country by dissimilar institutes providing certificate and diploma courses in web design.
Whether you are looking to change careers and become a web professional or just starting out as a web designer, there are some web design languages that you need if you want to be successful in this industry. The following list of language/skills, represent some of the key areas of knowledge that you should learn to add to your repertoire as you begin down the path to become a website designer.
Essential Web Design Languages to Learn
One of the most important part of the web designer’s skill set is HTML. For many, this markup language is their first step into the world of web design. It is the foundation of how websites are built.
- Even if you plan on using WYSIWYG (which stands for What You See Is What You Get) editors or a CMS for most of your career, having knowledge in HTML will give you an understanding on how those tools work and give you so much more control over your work.
- It is understood by most browsers like Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
While HTML dictates the structure of sites, CSS handles the visual appearance. As such, CSS is another incredibly most important language that designers can learn.
- Using CSS, we are able to create rules and can apply that rules to many elements within our website. It has many advantages like when site-wide changes are required by our client. As web content and their styling are completely separated, we can make those changes in a style sheet and have its effect on every applicable element.
- As you scroll down, new content appears in Facebook and Twitter, all thanks to AJAX. Also to up vote or down vote a question or an answer on Stack Overflow, an AJAX call is triggered. Multiple AJAX requests are executed if you search for something on Google or YouTube.
- These frameworks really speed up development by giving you a jumpstart, and can libraries like jQuery can be used to minimize how much from-scratch coding you have to do.
It is a front-end framework created by Twitter. It’s basically a group of “readymade” templates which can be used for creating and styling different elements and parts of your website.
- It is responsible for making any website responsive which is a big thing in design these days. To ensure that your site looks good on all devices out there is possible with Bootstrap.
- HTML5 CSS3 Master – 02 Months
- Bootstrap Master – 01 Month
- Angular Master Plus – 1½ Months
- Responsive Web Design Master – 06 Months
- Web Standard – 04 Months
- jQuery Master – 01 Month
If you’ve already know some of these languages, do share with us – How has it helped you as a designer? What were the biggest hurdles you faced?