Top 10 Interior Designers in India
Meet with some of the Finest Interior Designers in India
1. Sunita Kohli
- Education: She has done BA (Hons.) degree and Master in English Literature. She never took any formal training in design and an autodidact.
- Awards: She is the first interior designer who became an awardee of Padma Shri in 1992.
- Work: She was in authority for adorning and re-establishing the Prime Minister's Office, Parliament House Colonnade (1985–1989), Hyderabad House and the Rashtrapati Bhavan (the President's House) in New Delhi.
2. Shabnam Gupta
- Education: She completed her graduation in the sphere of interior design from L.S. Raheja College of Architecture.
- Awards: Her works which includes unique style forms have won her numerous honourable awards which include one of the prestigious awards in the arena of interior designing i.e. AD50 2017 Award for the 50 most influential and significant architects and interior designers.
- Work: Her recent projects consists of homes for Rani Mukerji and Kangana Ranaut; outlets of The Bar Stock Exchange in Mumbai and Bengaluru; Social in Pune; and a university in Chandigarh.
3. Ambrish Arora
- Education: He is an autodidact or self-taught designer.
- Awards: He received numerous awards like the World Holiday building of the year at the World Architecture Festival & World Architecture News awards, the Creative Reuse Category Winner - INSIDE Awards at World Architecture Festival Berlin, the Grand Jury Prize at the Design for Asia Award, made up to the AD50 list for 4 consecutive years, a nomination for the Aga Khan Awards cycle 2013 and many more.
- Work: Ambrish is a Fellow of the RSA a design consultant to the Crafts Museum Delhi, the Mehrangarh Museum trust, and has served as visiting faculty, consultant and juror to architecture and design schools across the country and has lectured extensively at design events in India and abroad.
4. Lipika Sud
- Education: Lipika is an Economics (Hons.) graduate from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University. She did her post graduation in Advertising & PR from Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi and later pursued her Diploma in Interior Design from London, UK. Lipika also holds an LLB Degree from the Law Faculty- Delhi University.
- Awards: The designer received the award as the best design professional of the year in the year 2012 for her outstanding contribution,
- FICCI FLO Outstanding Women Achievers Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship in the Professional Category for 2013 - 14.
- Indian Power Awards on 29th January 2014 for Distinguished and Outstanding Individual Contribution towards Building the Nation and the Professional Entrepreneur Award 2013 by Yes Bank – SRCC Alumnus on 9th February 2014.
- Design Professional of the Year by Indian Home Congress on 4th October 2012.
- Received the Best Interior Designer for Creative Excellence – Society Interiors.
- Work: Some of her noted projects are Havells Corporate office, Ericsson, Hindustan Times – Study Mate, Sharda University, Shivaji Stadium Metro Station & New Delhi Railway Metro Station, Hyundai Motors, Daikin, HCL, Bausch & Lomb, Fuji, Bloomberg, American Express, Kirloskar Brothers & Tata Motors. She has also done several hotels, some of them are Savoy Suites-Ascot Hotels- Manesar, Lalit Great Eastern Hotel, Zuari Resorts, Majestic Hotels Limited, and many more.
5. Aamir and Hameeda
- Work: They have designed more than 47 restaurants and bars in Hyderabad alone in the last eight years. Some of his projects consists of N Grill in Hyderabad, Prost in Bengaluru, a boutique called Floor Deck in Hyderabad, actor Sunil Shetty’s boutique called More Mischief, Allu Arjun’s farm house
- Awards: They have bagged many up to 20 National and Regional Awards for Excellence in Design including the Hafele Trends Excellence Award in Interior Design in 2016 and 2017 and have won many National and Regional Awards by IIID. They were listed as No. 7 in the Forbes List of Interior Designers and Architects to watch out for in 2010.
6. Tanya Gyani
- Education: Gyani graduated from the National Institute of Fashion Technology in New Delhi, India and completed her Masters in Interior Design from Florence, Italy.
- Work: Her floral arrangements work can be seen at select restaurants and Tech companies in Palo Alto. She was the was the chief interior design consultant to one of India's top real estate developers: DLF, on iconic luxury properties like Magnolias, Aralias and Queen's Court. She has also designed has designed decorative accessories for retailers like Pottery Barn, Michael Aram, Massimo Dutti, Crate & Barrel etc.
- Awards: She was awarded the Elite Student Award of the FDA, while studying at Interior Design from Florence, Italy,
7. Anjum Jung
- Education: She has been educated at Cornell.
- Work: Her work can be seen at various projects like Prestige Silver Oak, Prestige Edwardian, Prestige Oasis Resort, Footworks Spa - Orion Mall, Angsana Oasis Spa, Oakwood Premier Prestige, Prestige Golfshire villas and many more.
- Awards: She is a winner of numerous national and international awards, and running one of the country’s most respected décor studios with globally recognized clientele.
8. Ajay Shah
- Education: He is a graduate of The National Institute of Design. Ahmedabad, INDIA. He specialized in Furniture Design within Industrial Design.
- Work: He has produced creative brands, industrial designs, and interior spaces for several renowned companies like Gemini Cinemas, PVR Cinemas, Le Mill, Tommy Hilfiger and InOrbit.
9. Payal Kapoor
- Education: She has done her masters in interior designing from New Delhi Polytechnic.
- Work: Her work can be seen in private residences to trains like the Palace on Wheels and the Rajdhani and to heritage buildings like the Umaid Bhavan, Balsamand lake palace, hotels like Imperial hotel and schools like G D Goenka School, showrooms like Central Cottage Industries Corp. Ltd, New Delhi and the International school.
- Award: Her Name is now included in Barons’ Who’s Who of the World Global edition.
10. Sudhir Gandhi
He is the owner of Sudhir Gandhi & Associates which is one of the topmost interior designing companies in India which consists of engineers, planners, structural restoration, etc. This company is equipped with the high-profile clientele with great satisfaction.
- Education: He has done B. Arch. from J.J. School of Architecture
- Work: Some of the renowned interior design projects consists of HSBC Bank, Corporate Office, HDFC Bank Corporate Office (Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Chennai), Standard Chartered Bank -Delhi, IRCTC Office -Delhi, SEBI Corporate Office -Delhi.