Video Editing - A Complete Career Guide
Are you a movie buff or ever thought how actors do all the right stuff at the perfect time or love when one shot perfectly blends with others? Well, you can thank a video editor for this. With ever-increasing demand of production industry, the career opportunities in this industry are also increasing. The career aspects are getting better for people who want to see themselves as a sound artist, video editor or video animator, photographer and others.
These offbeat courses prove to be an outstanding career option for many people and similar to this one is a popular course of video editing. Video editing can become a lucrative option for those who genuinely seem interested in Video Editing.
Video editors are the actual warriors that bring all the scenes together and forms a larger picture of what shot in bits and create something beautiful from the scratch.
Let's look into detail what all it takes to be a video editor- from its meaning to scope we have got covered all for you.
Video Editing – A Growing Career Field
First things first, before knowing how you can be a professional video editor, let's know what Video editing is all about? Video editing can be understood by the fact that it involves manipulating, combining and rearranging the shots that were taken in bits to create a new work. Video editing creates the flow of the story by arranging the right things at the right place.
Editing is contemplated as one of the crucial parts of the Post Production process. It is a professional field that demands time, focus, ideas and creativity and opens new ways for you to explore. You can use creative freedom to create what you thought in reality. A career in Video Editing offers people a wide range of options to choose from they can go for the roles of editors for television, motion pictures, or commercials. Other editing jobs might include becoming a senior editor in charge of an editing team or a multimedia specialist working exclusively in the digital world.
However, If you seriously want to excel in this field get your command on technicalities and details of the Video editing software that are available in the Industry.
Best Video Editing Courses to Pursue
ADMEC always believe in delivering best to its students and in the quest for the best, we have curated a few courses that would help you to gain knowledge about all the necessities required to be a video editor.
Check out our courses below:
1. Adobe After Effects Master Course Duration: 2 Months
After effects is a motion Graphic and Composting application. This application is widely used software and the short term certificate After Effects course that ADMEC provides you in After effects will help you to understand the different 2D as well as 3D tools used for motion graphics and VFX projects. The course will you acquainted with topics like layers, keyframes, masking and media management. You will also get an opportunity to explore the depth of this tool, inclusive of 3D effects and rendering your project for output.
2. Adobe Premiere Pro Master Course Duration: 1½ Month
This course will help you to gain an in-depth knowledge of tools, the flow of the product features for Adobe Premiere Pro. This Premiere Pro course is carefully constructed as the perfect mixture where you will learn through instructor- demonstration as well as you'll be given ample opportunities to become easy hand with the software.
3. Final Cut Studio (FCS) Master Course Duration: 3 Months
At ADMEC, We are committed to providing training on Post-Production and we have specially included apple’s most popular FCP (Final Cut Pro) in our courses after observing the ever-increasing need of this software. This tremendous software has always remained at the top of the list and there seems nothing in parallel to this software in the industry till date ADMEC’s FCS Master Program encompasses technical expertise, aesthetics, and workflow knowledge. from basic to advance this course covers all for you as you'll be getting industry-oriented knowledge from and it is a faster and more job-centric training course to those who want to work in Final Cut Pro or FCP.
4. Post Production Standard Course Duration: 4 Months
ADMEC brings a short term certificate course that covers the basics of Video Graphics and audio editing. We have divided this course into two parts where the first part deals with designing of video graphics and the second volume cover Audio and video editing. the course has been formulated keeping industry needs in mind
5. Post Production Premium Course Duration: 6 Months
We at ADMEC always try to provide industry - oriented education and students who genuinely see their future in Post - Production Industry can apply for this short-term diploma course. Designed while keeping Industry requirements in mind, the course has been formulated in such a way that it will be a perfect blend of motion graphics and Video Editing. through this student will be able to get an insight knowledge of diverse techniques and fields.
Who can Join These Courses?
The major plus point of this Dynamic field is that it is open for all. There's no official education qualification needed to be part of this domain. However, General computer literacy and an aptitude for working with digital equipment are considered as one of the basic requirements for this.
For doing specialized courses in reputed institutes, candidates must possess the qualifications prescribed by the respective institutes/ colleges. So now you may have understood that this field is open to all, you just have to dedicate yourself completely to the course.
Career Options in Video Editing
From recent years, there's a constant hike in the demand of video editors and with the advancement of streaming video clips and also motion picture clips on internet sites this area has become extremely competitive. There is a wide range of opportunities open for a Video Editor.
- The video editors can look for the placements in Tv and film productions or even can contact various advertising agencies or multimedia companies.
- They can work for motion picture studios and with independent production companies.
- After completing the Video editing courses, a person can choose from an array of options available to them.
- They can work as a freelancer or can get associated with different media or production houses for contacts.
Salary/ Income Scale
In the initial period, one can expect a remuneration between Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000 however as you start gaining experience you can easily reach around 20-25k.
After having enough experience, you can try to get associated with a large Media house for a better pay scale. As an Experienced and Senior Video editor, you can get an annual package of 6-7 lac per annum.
Best Institute to Join for Video Editing Training
I have made a list of renowned institutes that can make your work a bit easy. Let's have a look over them.
1. Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute
- Established in 1995
- It was founded after a well-famed film editor Satyajit Ray
- Institute has excelled as a center of fame in the different post-graduate courses in Cinematic studies and is affiliated by CILECT.
- Location: Kolkata
- Established in 1960
- In 1971, FTII came to be known as the 'Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) and soon started in-service training programs for Doordarshan, India's public broadcaster
- Earlier located at the Mandi House, New Delhi for the video studio but was shifted to Pune in the early seventies, bringing together the training in film and television under a common roof.
- Location: Pune
3. Mumbai Digital Films Academy
- Founded by Mr. Sanjib Kumar Mohpatta and is one of the best and biggest film academies in Mumbai.
- Mumbai Film Institute is an exciting organization that entirely focuses on the technical and practical knowledge required in film making.
- Location: Mumbai
4. Video Editing Institute (VEI)
- Founded in 2006
- VIE, in Delhi-NCR, is a part of ADMEC Multimedia and offers various professional training and courses in Video editing and short-film making
- Location: Delhi
Video Editing, is an interesting career for creative people in the media and entertainment industry. The entire process of making art, aesthetic in the visual media, lies in the technique of editing. If you have that passion and creativity then there’s no one stopping you.
More Blogs Related to Video Editing:
- New Video Editing Courses for You if You Want to be an Editor
- Should I opt for classroom or online training to learn Adobe Premiere Pro?
- What Makes Apple FCP a Leading Software for Video Editing Training?
- 5 Common Skills Required for a Video Editor in the Industry
- Common File Formats Used in Video Editing